The ESNcard is the membership card of the Erasmus Student Network. It is a proof of membership in an ESN section and so indirectly of the ESN Network.To learn more visit our website http://esncard.org/.
The ESNcard is also used as a discount card in many cities and countries around Europe. You can, in example, be erasmus in Coimbra and have a discount in a hostel in Berlin because ESN Berlin has a special discount for ESNcard holders in their city. The ESNcard is valid for 12 months and only valid with a photo and correct personal data. The cardis strictly personal and cannot be used by somebody else than the card holder.
Who can get the ESNcard?
You can get the ESNcard, if you belong to one of the following groups:
- You have been an international student (e.g Erasmus or any other exchange programme);
- You are currently an international student;
- You are a member of an ESN section
How can I get the ESNcard?
The ESNcard can be obtained exclusively from your ESN local section. So if you want your ESNcard you must go to our office and we will give you one. The card has a cost of 10€ and to have it you must bring your ID or Passport and a Photo (passport size).
What fields does ESNcard contain?
It consists of several fields; all must be filled in in the process of issuing the card:
- PHOTO FIELD (for a photograph of the card holder; with a photo size of 2.7 cm x 3.7 cm );
- NAME (for name and surname of the card holder);
- DATE OF BIRTH
- HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTION NAME;
- ESN SECTION (either the issuing section or home section of the card holder);
- COUNTRY (home country of the card holder);
- VALIDITY (it's valid for 12 months since the date on the card);
- CARD NUMBER (unique number of each card);
- BAR CODE AND MAGNETIC BAR
Why should I make an ESNcard?
In Coimbra the ESNcard offers you discounts in most of our paid activities - such as trips, dinners, parties, cultural and sporting events. You can find the local partners discounts here.
Moreover don’t forget that the ESNcard is valid for 12 months, so if you are planning to travel around Europe you can have other discounts and access to ESN events in many other countries.
What can I do if I lose my ESNcard?
If you have the proof of payment of the original card you can order a new one paying only 5€. If you haven’t got any proof, you have to make a new one and pay the 10€.