Coimbra allows you to have a good quality of life at reasonable costs when compared with Lisbon, Porto and other European cities. In example, in Coimbra you probably will pay about:
- Housing: between €200 to €300 if you want a good individual room (including gas, water and electricity);
- Food: a meal in a canteen, with soup, bread, main dish, water and dessert costs €2,40;
- Bus: probably you won’t need to use it, but if so the bus monthly pass has a cost of €22 for students.
- you can pay €0,50 in small coffees (0,20cl);
- the usual price goes from €0,80 to €1;
- in pubs or discos the price goes from 1,5€ to 3€.